Goal: To encourage all students to continue to develop the habit of becoming lifelong readers.
Benefits of Summer Reading:
- Improves overall reading skills.
- Helps develop critical thinking.
- Enriches vocabulary foundation.
- Broadens knowledge base.
- Reveals new perspectives.
What to Read?
Below you will find suggested titles, but the choice is up to you. You can find these books and many other titles at the Jonathan Trumbull Library. Here are a few genres that you may be interested in:
- fiction- mystery, humor, romance, sci-fi, fantasy, horror, graphic novels
- non-fiction- biographies, philosophy, history, memoir, sports, science
- periodicals- magazines, newspapers, journals, comic books
For a printable version of these titles, click here.